Not a hammock guy either so I wont't touch that one. Also I hesitate to make recommendations on clothing because I don't know the specifics of your trip and it also has a lot to do with your safety and what works for me may not for you. I will tell you, evaluate at the end of every trip and you will soon find out if you are packing too many layers or too many sets of socks, underwear ect. If you didn't use it throughout your trip its probably not necessary with the exception of some type of rain gear. The more options you have the better you can tailor your pack weight to the trip. There is an expression "stupid light" and you can imagine for yourself what that might be. My priorities are simply to stay dry and warm. With those I can do without almost any additional comforts. So I pack rain gear on a sunny day. I would rather leave 7oz of cook kit behind than my UL rain/wind jacket smile

A lot can be saved evaluating the little stuff so here's my 2 cents.

*If you can find a large nyloflume bag for your liner bag you can save 1.35 oz.
*Leave the clothing sack at home
*Leave the cook kit sack at home unless pot grime is a factor. We don't have an issue with gas or alky so the wife carries our kit with her bandana wrapped around it.
*Put the FAK in smallest slide lock plastic bag you can. Slide lock baggies are lighter than stuff sacks. I use them instead of camera, gps, binocular cases.
*Learn to go without a pillow. If your quilt is in a stuff sack use it with spare clothes for a pillow.
*Soap is more versatile than hand sanitizer unless your planning to use it as a fire starter as well. After researching a little I found it was more effective on the kinds of bacteria we deal with, POOP smile You can fill a very tiny dropper bottle with something like campsuds that will last for a lot more than a couple days. You really only need a few drops to wash hands and it wont dry out your skin with all the alky in sanitizer.
*Same goes for the deet bottle. Find tiny dropper bottles in a dollar store and empty them out. A little concentrated deet goes a long way. We have moved away from deet and now use clothing effectively when the bugs are bad. This works double duty for sun protection as well. Also a head net is nice when the bugs are bad.
*Wet wipes can be dried out and rehydrated when needed. YMMV
*If the paracord is for hanging food leave it home its unnecessarily heavy. Not familiar with zing it. I carry 50 ft of Zline slick with a DIY tiny stuff sack attached to put a stone in. Its all under an oz. 20 ft. might be short for some tough hangs.
*Mini bic lighters are lighter, no pun intended.
*My 1 oz alky measure is 2 grams. They are the disposables they give medicine in.
*You can use a chobani yogurt container for a cup at 8 grams.
*Your potty trowel is heavy. You can make your own at half that weight. https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/88820/
for a buck or two. I carry mine on all hikes and use it plenty. I don't like coming across shallow cat's hole cause someone didn't have the right tool. Digging thru stringy roots and hard soil can be a real PITA around here. YMMV

Have a blast!

Edited by jimmyb (03/17/16 12:03 AM)