http://www.lightheartgear.com/index.php/tents/lightheart-solo-tents/product/view/5/1

I just bought the Duo and it's very roomy. You could squeeze a third person in and put a dog under the vestibule! The solo would save you about a pound and you can buy it with aluminum poles, rather than using the trekkers. Even with the poles you should be under 2. If you use ti stakes they're 2 oz., a visqueen groundcloth, another 2. You might end up right at about 2 lbs. and you'd have a palace. Under your budget, too. Mine is going again this weekend and we just love it! It'll be on a cliff overlooking a gorgeous lake tomorrow night, can't wait!
Look at the Tarptents, too. I've heard and seen lots of good. Big Agnes Fly Creek 1 would save you some weight , but not a ton for the money compared to the Lightheart. A pound is a good amount of weight savings if you truly need to save weight. We do, as my wife and I only have so many miles left in our knees. It's nice to have a tent that incorporates the trekking poles that are extending our days on the trail, good that you don't need them.

Edited by bluefish (03/11/16 04:51 PM)