Hello! This is my first time posting here and I'm looking for some advice.

My husband, two friends, and I are backpacking for four days and three nights in Yosemite this summer. Due to various obligations our timeframe is very limited and we are only able to go in June. I decided to be ambitious and start at Sunrise Lakes to Clouds Rest, Half Dome, and finish in Yosemite Valley. Unfortunately, the latest permit for Sunrise Lakes that we could score in June was June 8th. I'm aware this is pretty early in the season, but I'm crossing my fingers that there will be minimal snow and the creek is at a reasonable level for us to cross. Here's my questions:

Anyone have experience crossing the creek this early in the season? I know it's all dependent on that year's snowfall, so what was the snowfall like for the year you went?

Also, I'm thinking about a Plan B just in case the creek is too high or if, in a very rare case, Tioga Road isn't even open by that point. I don't want to take advantage of the Yosemite permit system, but would I be a total jerk if I book another permit too? I was thinking about somewhere with less chance of snow and no creek crossing if the conditions aren't ideal from Sunrise Lakes. We could test our luck with day of permits, but with four of us I don't think we'll have a lot of success. I, of course, will be watching the conditions as we get closer to the date and would be willing to cancel one of our reservations without the expectation of a refund so that others can take the unused permits.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!