I have been there a couple of times in the month of July. It's a 9 mile hike to the Supai village and then another two miles to the camp area. In July it is really hot and somewhat muggy in the camp ground. As I remember, it was 108 during the day and mid to low 70s at night. I used a fleece bag for sleeping.

There are rodents that will come and take your food. I brought my bear canister which worked well, but you have to keep it out of the sun.

I started hiking in just before sun rise, to beat the sun, but you have to stop by the check-in shack and they didn't open until 9:00 am so I had to hike the 2 miles to the camp ground in full sun light. I hiked out early in the morning, 3:30 one time, 5:00 another time. Again I was trying to beat the sun. Leaving at 3:30 worked perfect, also very quite. Later in the morning you have to share the trail with pack animals and horseback riders, very dusty.

Most any backpacking meals will work. I only remember one place to eat in the village, simple menu but you can get flat bread and beans.

You will need a lot of water for the hike. I got by with 2 quarts, but just barely. Others I hiked with needed more.