What is the weight and bulk of that system?

I'd definitely recommend looking at them, but if it's very heavy, or very bulky, think long and hard before you get it. It's an adult bag, which may be oversized for your son (see my previous post.) Also, for a 100 pound kid (typical 13-year-old), you need to hold his total pack weight to 15 - 20 pounds (which is what a kid-size pack will be engineered to carry comfortably), and as a result that pack won't have a huge amount of room. Also consider that the troop gear is probably toward the heavy end (for valid reasons of durability, cost, and risk management), and that parental budgets will also lean toward heavier gear. At that point, a 5 or 6 pound sleeping system may be affordable, but bust the budget on the boy's ability to carry weight. (Yeah, I know, having a 13 year old struggle along under a 30-pound load builds character. It also leads to back problems, hip problems, and knee problems due to his still-developing bones and muscles - but not too commonly, because it usually drives him away from backpacking and Scouts long before the irreversible physical damage occurs.)