Hi everyone, first time posting here. I read the requirements, so hopefully I'll provide enough info for some reccomendations.

I'm looking for a light pack to carry extra clothes, and a few binders. I walk twice a week to a church meeting. The hike is about 3.5 miles. I am 43 years old, 5'8" 165 lbs. I broke my back in 10 places 10 years ago, and currently have some degeneration in my l4/l5. In general, you wouldn't know it by looking at me. I'm am avid snowboarder, and love the outdoors. My wife and I like to do day hikes like Crater Lake, and Yosemite Falls. I'm looking for a pack for all of those things, that is hopefully made in the USA. I'm currently using a Camelbag, but it to leaves me very sweaty (on my back) when I get to where I'm going.
Price is not the largest comcern, as I want something that will work and last and make me feel comfortable when I'm walking.
I'm happy to add any other info, but in general I think this should cover it.
It should be noted I don't really have experience with real hiking backpacks. I have a nice avalung black Dimond pack for snowboarding, but for general hiking I've little to no experience. I don't know much about internal frames, waste belts etc, but I do wear a compression hip/waste belt that my chiropractor gave me to help support my back and hips. It also leaves me pretty sweaty. Trying to find a good balance here considering the health issues.

Thanks so much in adavance!