That's funny.

Same thing happened here with fly fishing after "A River Runs Through It". I took my daughter camping and made the mistake of going first to a local stream that's spring fed and stocked with trout on opening weekend. I didn't expect to see hardly anyone there and it was packed elbow to elbow along the shore with people whipping flies around every which way possible.

From my observations these kinds of trends have their share of ill effects too. Like the trail or stream you used to find solitude is now elbow to elbow with newbies who make messes and hook themselves and anyone near them in the ear with flies. crazy

In this case, I suspect we'll see a lot more rescue calls, and I doubt the local services can ramp up for a 1000% increase in those.

On the upside, gear makers should do well, and these fads fade fairly fast. (say that 3 times fast laugh )

If I had been planning a trip there this year I'd be awfully disappointed and I'm sure I'd change my plans. While some would love it, I would not. The number of people there who did nothing more than watch that movie and go buy gear before heading out would be 10 times more than usual, and perhaps even greater, and they'd all find me and demand I save them from themselves. I am a powerful magnet for that, and they've wore me out.

It could be fun though if you go with the right attitude. It could be downright hilarious! grin

"You want to go where?"