Hi!

So I've been hiking for a few years and I'm definitely no pro since I've just been on one or two hikes per year but I've learned a lot since I began. Anyway this year I was planning on a trip to Kungsleden (The Kingsroad) in Sweden (where I live) where I also hiked last year. I've grown tired of my boots and after some research I decided to buy a pair of trailrunner instead and ended up with Altra's Lonepeak 2.0. I absolutely love them - they're so comfy and I feel so much lighter and my feet is definetely happier.

But. I did count on encountering some snow up there since I been there before and know the conditions but now it's apparently more snow than it as been for years and there has been some places you couldn't even walk because of all the snow and that was in the middle of june. It has begun to melt now and there's still two weeks left before I go so I'm not that worried.

What I am worried about is how my trailrunners will cope with the trail being so snowy for a lot of parts and very muddy and wet for others and if I should take my boots instead to be safe. But I really don't want to. I don't think I care about the wet part because I knew when I bought them that I would be wet and since my boots also get wet sometimes and then takes forever to dry I don't think thats a problem. But will it be to cold? The temp. up there (now) is around +10 (celsius) so it's not that cold in the air but will the snow make my feet to cold?

Well this became a very long question haha. What do you think? Is there someone who has experience with trailrunners in cold and snowy conditions?