I've gone through many pillows, from various stuffings, to dedicated backpacking pillows from several mfgs.. None were perfect, some were almost adequate. Unless I've had really rugged days on the trail, I rarely sleep through the night, and had resigned myself to tossing and turning. I finally bought a Sea to Summit Aeros after some research and it finally may be the answer. I've used it for 5 nights now, and I'm actually waking up to the sound of birds and wondering where the night went. It seems to accommodate my side sleeping and laying on my back in equal measure. For reading I inflated it fully to prop up my head , just before lights out, I depress the valve button to make it a little softer. I got the large version, which is 4 oz. and packs very small. It's a weight penalty I can live with, as my energy level on the trail is improved with better sleep. I found the 2 part valve to work well. It inflated with a 6-7 puffs and deflates instantly. I hope it continues to work, as I'm very happy with it. I liked the covering material. It didn't slide on top of my Neo-Air, yet was soft enough on my skin. I've used cheaper, lighter solutions and they didn'y cut it. Worth looking at if a pillow is needed for good sleep. As I've gotten old(er) it's become a neccesity.