Again, thanks for all the advice. I will not normally be bringing 2 filters with me, that was for trialing purposes only. I had a Sawyer Squeeze which worked beautifully and the recently purchased 4L Platypus GravityWorks - I had been dying to try it so I justified the added weight of bringing both.

I carry my water in a 2 liter Camelbak bladder stuffed into my pack and I was carrying 2-32oz Gatorade bottles. I did a comparitive study on the ratio of volumetric capacity versus weight and cost and the Gatorade bottles had the most favorable numbers (not to mention it makes me feel like I am recycling). If I can find that old spreadsheet, I will share the findings.

I used to finish trips with up to a pound or more of uneaten food, however, I've pared that down to less than half a pound. As I go on more trips, I will continue to fine tune the menu.

Lighter stove is definitely a great idea. I originally purchased the JetBoil for extended paddling trips when weight is less a consideration. For hiking, looks like I need to find a more weight-friendly alternative.

Same goes for the mug - I saw Bear Grylls use a similar mug and decided I wanted one too. But for the weight, it's just not practical.