If you're doing short trips you might want to switch to a SuperCat Stove. That'll shave a little weight off.

I use origami plates/bowl/cup similar to these. They're light, easy to clean, and pack flat.

And I just picked up two of the lightweight, foldable, 1L water bottles at WalMart made by Outdoor Products. I've been using these for 3 years now and really like them. They're more durable than the bottles water is sold in, and lighter than plastic fruit juice bottles, and they pack flat when empty. I put a Britta charcoal filter in them which fits perfectly and can act as your back-up filter if needed. Just filter, then boil your water, and it's good.

I made my own UL shelter and, as I've said here many times before, I like it better than anything I see on the market regardless of price. It only cost me about $35 and a few evenings to make, but it's not at all stylish and won't impress your fellow backpackers much with it looks. It did however lighten my load by about 3 lbs, which I've enjoyed a lot.

"You want to go where?"