Originally Posted By SilentStone
My Parents think that anything that is not sitting on my butt is education. I got our family ATV out today and started trying to fix it. (I barely know how to do an oil change) They took a pic and said it was part of my curriculum. I don't doubt that I could get them to see it as part of school, but they won't help me. They bought me a math book and told me to learn. (works fine)

I have to say they don't sound like the typical home school parents I know.
Quote:
I am a girl and girl scouts in my area ends when you are in 3rd grade. (ugh)

You would want a Venturing Crew (though not all do outdoor programs) if there's one close to you. There are several around NW WI. You can filter results for Venturing at beascout.org
Quote:
I am think I am going to make a makeshift tent with an old tarp I found for free on Craigslist, and hike to a trail that is about 4 miles away, hike a mile on it, than turn around and set camp up behind our barn. I am bring my cellphone and I know that I will have service, so I can bail out if need be. I plan doing that this weekend.
I am really into DIY so I might just start slowing making stuff, I am starting to save up for a good backpack.

If you can sew at all, the world is your oyster. You can make your own pack.

As for your trip, you'll need a foam pad or some kind of insulation from the ground and enough insulation of some type on top of you depending on what the lows will be but you don't need much else. You don't even need a tarp if there won't be any rain or dew - what they call cowboy camping.