There usually is a grain of truth in all "myths".

Backpack cover? - depends. Not necessary but if you use your pack as a pillow you may not want to get the outside soaked, regardless if the inside contents stay dry. It is a personal choice of carrying the extra few ounces.

Shoes vs boots- depends. I do a LOT of off-trail and although I would use trail runners on a trail, I prefer a mostly leather low-cut light hiker off trail. There are many shoes out there now that are in-between trail runners and all-out boots. I have various boots/hikers/tennis/sandels - and use them all based on conditions.

Naked in sleeping bag. My personal experience is that if I hop into a cold sleeping bag with too many clothes on, I stay chilled for hours. The cold sleeping bag sucks any warmth from my body until I can generate enough heat to warm it up. Not sure why, but if I start out with a lightest layer (or naked) the initial "misery" time is shorter. The bag warms up quicker. Then I put on layers as the night progresses, as needed. The best thing to do is to go on a quick intense "hike" before bed and then immediately hop into the bag. My experience may be due specifically to my own body (little insulating fat) and the specific conditions under which I backpack. Many nights it is below freezing when I hop into my bag.

Tent footprint. Depends. A Tyvek sheet works as well as the footprint that comes with your tent and weighs less. I got mine free as excess from a construction site. The tent floor is tough with respect to "pull" strength, but a very sharp object can easily poke a tiny hole. You will not see the hole but it will leak water. The Tyvek will most likely extend the life of your tent floor. I am out many nights each year and use my equipment until it truly falls apart. If you are the type who "upgrades" every few years, you probably do not need a footprint. Biggest advantage of the footprint is that my tent floor stays cleaner.

Maps needed as well as GPS. I totally agree. BUT. Let's face it, in some heavily used, super maintained,well signed trail systems, plenty of people go without a paper map (and I have also seen those who go totally without a map!)and do fine. My personal experience is that most backpackers have poor map reading skills, now, and before there were GPSs'.

3-season tent OK in winter. Depends. My winter experiences do not support that. There are even some 3-season conditions that a 3-season tent is inadequate. High altitude, above tree line, winter conditions are different. Not sure I would take a 3-season tent on a winter climb of Mt. Rainier.

I think the UL community have their own "myths" that are not necessarily always "true". I am not a big fan of "truths" and "rules". Backpacking is a diverse sport with both extremely diverse people and areas and conditions.