After my experience with the Marmot Precip, I will never look at another Marmot jacket. Your Mileage, of course, May Vary.

Were I replacing my present pullover silnylon anorak (no longer made; it was one of the last Brawny Gear items on the market), I'd look at the silnylon jacket with front zipper and pit zips made by Antigravity Gear. I would of course get it in a larger size for more ventilation. However, I've had my present jacket for 6 years and it still looks and works as good as when it was new, so I doubt that I will be buying another for some years to come.

I've had no luck with so-called "waterproof/breathable" fabrics, dating back to fairly early Goretex. I've come to the conclusion that a fabric is either waterproof or breathable, but never both. I will no longer shell out the big bucks for something that claims to be both. I'll stick with the waterproof. If it's warm enough that I sweat inside, I'll just leave it off and get wet.

Again, YMMV!