The nice thing about collapsible bottles is that you can take extra water storage for basically no extra space in your pack. For extra storage (used mainly when camped), I use Evernew bottles, primarily because the lid is attached to the bottle with a plastic thong, so no worries about the lid's ending up a hundred feet down the hill below the trail! For drinking on the trail I use Smart Water bottles which have the handy fliptop lid. You have to pay for the water, but after that the bottle is free or (in Oregon) 5 cents. Those bottles are tough, too, and last a long time. I have some that are three years old that I can't tell from ones purchased last fall. I wish I'd marked them so I could tell them apart!

HG, I also would like to know the capacity of your bottle. Unless it's at least 2.5 liters, it is far heavier than I'd want to carry. For comparison, the Evernew 2 liter bottle is 1.5 oz.

Edited by OregonMouse (03/18/15 03:13 PM)