Hi,

I found your Facebook page and see many of your pictures are in the Smokies. Rain is common there, so I suggest having good raingear. For the top, something like the Marmot Precip will work well. Any equivalent rain jacket will work. For the bottom, inexpensive rain pants will work well.

I gave up on hiking pants as they are too expensive and don't last long. I prefer cotton or a synthetic/cotton blend cargo pants. If I were in a situation where it rained often, I'd wear any lightweight synthetic pants that were inexpensive.

A fleece is comfortable for a wide range of temperatures. I have a North Face, but there is nothing special about it. Any similar fleece will work. The advantage to a fleece is they are still warm when they get damp. I haven't tried one soaking wet. They also dry quickly.

Any shirt will do. I prefer a cotton/synthetic blend or cotton. Synthetic shirts stink in hot weather. The disadvantage to cotton is it is cold when wet if it's the outer layer.

I also see you take many pictures in the cities. I often roadwalk. Recently, I got a Schinn Little Ranger pushcart. It is easier than carrying a pack with heavy gear. If you are on busy sidewalks, a baby jogger will work better as it's narrower. I recommend one with a rotating front wheel so it's easy to steer. You can use it to carry all your cameras and some extra clothes. You can usually find an inexpensive used baby jogger on Craigslist. Check the thrift stores, too.

There is no perfect answer to your question. I see people wearing all kinds of clothes in the Colorado mountains. For the distances you are hiking, I suggest wearing what you like and experimenting to see what works for you. The more experience you get, the less you will look like everyone else.