Originally Posted By OregonMouse
Meaning the poor campground host has to run around putting out everyone's campfires?

He'd probably be busy this weekend. It seems to be the big one for knuckleheads everywhere. grin

I don't think you could start a full blown forest fire here right now, but there's been times when it was pretty dry and crunchy and it's a bit scary because there's always a few small wildfires when that happens.

The guy we bought our place from liked to burn leaves and was sternly told by the fire dept to never start another fire here again. laugh Most all are started by the land owner where they got out of control fast enough for the fire fighters to be called in. They generally make pretty fast work of it, but generally you can't even compare how fast they grow and spread to out West.

Fireworks are legal here too, and you can buy some pretty big rockets at the stands that appear everywhere this time of year. That can be a little scary. My poor dogs sure hate it.

The latest craze for the 4th are those "Sky Lanterns". They are pretty, but people can be pretty stupid with those too. However, when that happens they are very likely to be told to stop by locals who know better. I got to witness that a couple years ago when it was an obvious risk. There were people on a few boats setting them off and they got it from all sides. People were honking horns and yelling at them. They got the message. They won't be much of a problem this year though, it's cool and green and the ground is still wet under the mulch.

"You want to go where?"