Orclwzrd,

A friend of mine who has tested many stoves said the white box stove is the best of all of them. It will boil water faster than anything else.

Bill,

My first draft was just like the video without the holes in the top. I tried adding a sleeve to make it taller, but it didn't affect the fuel consumption although it boiled a little faster.

My meals are heat and eat in an aluminum cup. I let things soak for awhile to rehydrate. This morning, I made oatmeal in windy conditions and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, I didn't measure how many grams of alcohol were used. I'll do that tomorrow.

When I was done, the top was cool enough to take off with my hands and the cup handle was almost cool enough to lift the pot off with my hands.

When I'm done, I can unhook the ends of the windscreen and it slides into the cup for easy storage.

There are probably ways to make the system more efficient, but it hardly seems worth the effort.

I did learn the system has to be designed for the pot and the person's style of eating.

Keep in mind, alcohol stoves are prohibited where there is a fire ban. I don't agree with that policy, as the Trangia with this windscreen is safer than the SVEA.