Having read this thread, I have a question- is all the water consumed coming from home? Filtration and the source would seem to be far more a factor than the container. Doesn't PH and mineral content alter taste? Or is all water boiled first? My water on trips rarely is in the container for long lengths of time. The dry, desert trips I've taken, I looked for lightweight , packable, containers with the least concern for taste as the water weight was already adding 20 lbs. The rate that various container materials release their components into the water may be worth looking into. If the water is kept cool, I would think the rate of release would be reduced. I must admit that a long cool drink out of an old stainless Sierra cup was refreshing. Or maybe because it had finally gone silent after it had clanged and banged its way to the source.... grin I've looked at the Kleen Kanteen in the 64 oz. size, which is not terribly heavy and has a stainless cap liner so no plastic contacts your water.

Edited by bluefish (04/22/14 09:32 AM)