Thanks OregonMouse and billstephenson.

I might as well chime in as well:

Why did you decide to start backpacking? Living in Northern California provides easy access to the Sierras - figured I might as well take advantage of that along with the good trout fishing while i can.

What do you find most enjoyable about backpacking? The views and learning new skills.

What makes you the most nervous? Getting injured. I tend to hike alone and my first aid skills are not that great just yet, so if I snap an ankle or something like that I'm not currently the best equipt to handle that situation or a similar one.

What do (or did) you struggle with the most in terms making the decision to finally take up backpacking? The fear of missing out with what's going on where I live and with my friends. Eventually I just decided I needed to start making my own adventures.

What questions do you continually find yourself asking about backpacking? What can i leave behind this trip that I really don't need?

What do you wish you had access to, but don’t? For trips, I would really like to have better access Montana.

What do you find the most difficult about backpacking? (choosing gear/finding a trail/skills and techniques? things like that) Making sure I have the right gear for the trip and finding good food to eat.