White gas doesn't "go bad" - people are used to gasoline "going bad" because of the anti-knock compounds that are put in it for running internal combustion engines - this is why if you store gasoline for long periods of time you need to put in a fuel stabilzer or the crap in it preciptates out and clogs up your equipment. (and it does this astonisingly quickly - this is why your chainsaws, lawnmowers, snowblowers, etc. have issues when stored with untreated gas in them)

White gas is "white" because it does *not* have any of that stuff in it - no anti-knock, no additives, no lead, nothing.

I've used cans of white gas that are over 10 years old. I've used stoves with white gas stored in them for 15 years, no ill effects. - now *other* parts of the stove can fail in time (seals, etc.) but trust me, not the gas. white gas doesn't go bad.

It would likely be more than sufficient to ensure you took the stove out once or twice a year and made coffee on it. That's what I do - but it's just to make sure the stove is functioning and pumps, seals, etc, haven't had issues over time. it's not for the gas.

Edited by phat (03/01/14 09:56 AM)
Browse my pictures