Originally Posted By wandering_daisy
I quit leading trips because I became burned out .... Maybe you should just take a break for a while. After all you have done, nobody would think less of you.

That's really good advice to consider. When it's no longer fun or interesting it may be time to move on, but when it becomes a source of frustration you really have to think about why you're doing it.

I think a lot of us are here in part to give something back. There has to be some balance in that and when you do that like you do (Lori), with taking groups out, that's the real heavy lifting part of the endeavor.

There's a point when you can (and should) pass that kind heavy lifting on to someone else and be satisfied you've done more than your share.

We all need something we do just for ourselves. Backpacking and hiking is something I do for pure fun. I backpack for me.

So I agree with W_D. Take a break from the groups. Make it fun for you again, and don't feel a lick of guilt about that either. You can be proud of what you've given back. It's a lot more than most of us will be able to.

"You want to go where?"