I am more concerned about sealing the seems as Im using silnylon and I cant seam tape them so I want as few stich holes as possible thru to the outside. I see many pieces of clothing that are simply a straight stich with an overstich on the edge like a serger type stiching. The new machine I just bought has that stich available and I believe that would be pretty strong and easiest to seal. Any thoughts?

I have a HD walking foot machine that I bought for canvas work and there is a Huge difference when sewing the heavy stuff. It will simply hammer through stacks of material with seemingly no effort. However it just cant handle the fine fabrics with any finesse. That's why I bought the regular home machine. The pfaff looks like a really nice machine...a little out of my budget though. I ended up with a Janome 7330 from a local dealer. The reviews were very good and it seems to have just enough stiches and automation for me now. Hope I made a wise choice. When your bro finds you a HD machine I think you will be very happy having both.

jimmyb