Originally Posted By rockchucker22
Originally Posted By finallyME
Originally Posted By rockchucker22
Originally Posted By wesarnold
This is okay. Honestly the fact that you guys' water tastes the same is comforting. I was afraid you were going to respond that all your filters turned your water into great tasting spring water. To the flavoring isle I go!
well most of the water in the sierras taste better than bottled spring water!

I was going to say the same about the rockies! I will go out of my way to find the springs just to taste the water. It is practically euphoria to sit at a spring and drink, drink, drink until you are about to burst. Then sit a while and drink some more before you head out. And make sure to fill up an extra liter for later.
I grew up in CO and you would be hard pressed to find better water than good ol Rocky Mountain pure H2O! Sierras is a close second.

Well our Ozark limestone filtered spring water is pretty darn good too. I'd enter it in a taste test competition with both Sierra and Rocky Mountain water. But I do sympathize with wesarnold.

I'll offer that you invest in the Britta Squeeze bottle with their activated charcoal filter and give it a shot. Lori may well be right about it not filtering tannins, I've not tried it, but I know what leafy water taste like. Still, the Britta bottle is inexpensive and so are the filters so it's worth a shot. I use mine a lot.

I found that after a few light uses with pretty good water the Katadyn Hiker filter imparted a sort of musty taste to my water. I ended up giving mine away.

"You want to go where?"