The Osprey Daylite pack seems ideal as a daypack, and quite nice that it attaches easily to the exterior. I'm fairly set on getting one for my pack, and if we get her an Osprey pack, one for her as well just because I like the idea of it, and it would help with her being able to have a smaller, lighter pack for more typical use, and add 13 liters for extended trips. It's a great idea they have, though I'd like to see a bigger option as well, not to mention that capability for their small kid's pack.

SWMBO does have some dietary restrictions as she's allergic to beef and soy, as well as some other things. But she's also concerned over brands and their business practices, as well as GMO's and preservatives and such.

I wasn't aware of small towns and their PO issues. It seems then that stops would be best during the week instead. Calling ahead seems a very good idea!

The movie Hostel. It was gruesome!!!

I hadn't thought about hostels being good places to possibly learn of trail conditions or just being in like company. Along the trail it rob ably would be mostly hikers. I'd probably just make SWMBO mad as I seem to make friends everywhere, and so I'd be neglecting her! laugh She, on the other hand, is much more wary of strangers and such.

"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day