I doubt I could convince her of a pack that size. Not as a sole pack. Maybe with the intentions of it being for long trips.

And quite frankly I would have appreciated something like that! 3 lbs! My 82 lit pack weigh 4 1/2 lbs. And I figured I'd likely want/need the Daylite daypack that attaches to my pack for the additional space, but also as a daypack that would be used for venturing in to resupply. But I'm not sure that 13 lit is enough space.

I'd like to know more about sending yourself stuff to the PO for personal pickup and SWMBO has been dehydrating things to try for backpacking. Might be better to go that route than to go to the store and pick things up. We wouldn't need money and resupplying would be quicker.

But the idea of going into town for the night to shower and wash clothes sounds quite good to me. SWMBO has mentioned hostels a few times, but that just does't sound good to me. I don't care much for sleeping with a bunch of people I don't know. grin And I've seen the movie!!!

"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day