Hello!

I'm new the forums and would love some help coming up with some ideas or suggestions for a backpacking trip we are trying to plan for early summer. A little about us....me and my 3 friends want to use our last summer free to do the backpacking trip of our dreams. We are pretty much willing to go anywhere in the US and are looking to hike for about 10-14 days. The problem though, seems to be picking a place.

We've looked into the Wonderland Trail up at Rainier, as well as other trails in California, but it seems that in early summer, the risk of snow is still pretty high. Does anyone have any experience with early summer backpacking in the West Coast or Pacific NW and know of any good trails that will be snow free during early summer?

We are from St. Louis, and have backpacked in Missouri and Minnesota and are hoping to get out of the Midwest this time and see some real mountains. I've been looking into Colorado, but seem to be having a hard time finding a trail that will be long enough for 10-14 days and not have snow in June. Any thoughts on Colorado?

Really any suggestions would be a huge help and I really really appreciate any input! Thanks! smile