Quote:
Bill! I see you've gone (Mr) Natural! Hope Lewis and Clark are still doing well, along with the rest of the family of course.

grin

Yeah, me and that old guy go way back...

I was going through my Junior High School Yearbook and that drawing was done by a friend on the inside cover back in 1974. I thought I'd put it up there for grins. I was reminded of Mr. Natural and those olden days because my hair was getting pretty long again and I started hearing that local acquaintances were referring to me as "That old long haired Hippy guy".

I've never cut my hair very often, and it always grows long before I do, but this time I let it grow longer than it has been in a long time, about since that drawing was done. I suppose I was starting to resemble him wink

The hair was driving me pretty much nuts way before I had it cut this time because I wanted to try and stick it out long enough to donate it. I did, and I'm glad I did because even though my hair is always pretty shaggy the woman who chopped it off said the Locks of Love organization would be glad to have it. I wasn't at all sure they'd want it. It was well used with little care, that's for sure.

And Lewis and Clark are quite fat and happy. Thank you for asking.

Well, today they're not as happy as most. We've got about 10" of snow since yesterday and it's still snowing, so they're kind of hanging out in their stall waiting for me to come give them some grain at sundown.

I laid down a real thick layer of straw in their stall before the snowstorm, about 18 inches thick, and they're not lying in it, they're eating it. They've got an 800 lb round bale of hay a few feet away outside but the wheat straw is a treat they love to munch on, so they're not entirely bummed out.

I might be getting closer to bringing those two on a backpacking trip. One of my neighbors has a son in law who's parked a trailer at his place that'd be perfect for hauling the burros behind my Ranger pickup. I'm going to try and convince that guy that he needs to sell it to me. I don't have any super powers of persuasion so I'm going to rely on cash, and I don't have a lot of that so I'm also counting on some luck too, but sometimes these things have a way of working out if you just ask and get the ball rolling... laugh

"You want to go where?"