I was first attracted to the idea of BPing as a way to see more of the trail than I could in a day.

After the first time out the experience showed me how simple life could be and probably should be. It exposed me to just how many distractions in life we experience on a daily basis and how easily we accept this as the norm. Walking into the woods, even if for a few days and clearing all that out of my head with the sole purpose of reconnecting with a primal feeling of what it is to be ALIVE was as refreshing as splashing my face with water from a chilly mountain lake.

In my case the spirit is revived and focus shifts simply to every deep breath, every drop of thirst quenching water, every morsel of a life sustaining meal. In this process of returning to a more natural way of existence I feel an overwhelming thankfulness for the privilege to live another day and experience all the wonders of nature along the miles traveled on the trail.

Now if all that seems too sappy I do like all the cool gear, the great work out BPing offers and watching all the critters is certainly number one on the list for me. So much better than wasting away in front of the tube. grin

jimmyb