Worked:

New shoes!! I bought these at a local outfitter for 50% off since it was going out of business. They happened to have a size that I could wear. I finally put hard trail mileages on it and I really like them. Why? I got no blister on 14 miles hike, no feet soreness, and it kept me dry. I had to cross three major streams by hopping on rocks. 4 inches of water running over the rocks was pressing on my shoes, my feet stayed dry the entire time. I'm sure if water went higher towards the ankle area it would been another story, but with water around my toes and heels it never penetrated and got me wet. I like them a lot, it's hard to find good boots but I think I'm stick to Salomon in the future when looking for new shoes base on my experience with this model. It took a little bit getting used to having my shoes to hug my ankle since I normally trail running style shoes, but eventually it was as if it below the ankle shoes!!

Didn't work:

Gloves. I had an el cheapo gloves since I wasn't sure if I wanted a new mid-range priced gloves. Water soaked through it and I eventually lost it as the clip fell apart when it was connected to my pack.. Oh, well. I'm keeping an eye on cyber deals for good gloves.

I haven't truly tested my new quilt and other gears, yet. frown