On a small sailboat chat sight I like to visit we usually start a thread at the end of the season where different mods, gear and techniques get discussed and we swap info on what worked and what didn't. Thought I would see how it goes over here.

Just getting back in it and biting the bullet on a bunch of lighter weight gear this fall I think I was most impressed in the simplicity and weight reduction of my little sawyer squeeze filter. It may not be ideal in all locations but for us a good amount of time will be spent on the AT and in the Adirondacks next year and these are places where water is usually abundant and the little filter should shine.

I'm also liking the little crux canister stove. Hassle free and very effective weight drop for 3-4 day trips.

As for what didn't work? I can honestly say nothing so far. With the advise from this board and our prior knowledge and even that gained from years of day hiking we lucked out with what I think is a fantastic short trip kit. Sure I could still throw a bunch more money at it to get those last few ounces here and there but other than being lighter it would not preform any better IMO.

So what worked or not for you folks?

jimmyb