Originally Posted By ETSU Pride
Originally Posted By Nemeczek
I'm torn on stoves right now. I want the MicroRocket because it's so compact and lightweight, but since I'm going long-term, I'm not sure if I should get the Primus Express Lander (white gas). It's a 6oz liquid fuel stove and that's pretty good.

I have the Pocket Rocket, which is the predecessor of MicroRocket, and I love it. It has been very reliable and I know someone else who has had one longer. Can't go wrong with MSR or Snow Peak Giga Power. Canister stove that has very little moving parts will last a long time. I'm speaking from others who has theirs quite some time.

I had a Pocket Rocket for one season and gave it away. The pot supports wobbled too much, the stove went out for no reason too often, and frequently the breeze meant the water never boiled as the flame was blowing sideways no matter how I held the sleeping pad around the stove or set up my pack and some rocks... Too much air space between the burner and the bottom of the pot.

I have a bunch of alcohol stoves, a Snow Peak Giga, and a remote canister Primus - you use what works for you. YMMV.

http://hikeandbackpack.com