This was not on federal land and as far as I can tell not related to the gov't shutdown.

I have been attempting a section-day-hike of the Florida National Scenic Trail. I do this by self-shuttling, usually by electric bicycle and car but occasionally with a friend. I've done a little over 100 miles so far.

Today I was hoping to hike the FNST from US221 east for about a 10-12 miles stretch. This is in the Florida Panhandle just south of Madison, east of Tallahassee. I drove 1.5 hours from my home, then biked 40 minutes and found the Florida National Scenic Trail has a "No Trespassing without permission of owner - Violators subject to arrest or fine" sign. This strikes me as oxymoron-like, a National Scenic Trail with a No Trespassing sign. There was no owner listed but somewhere on the sign it had Florida Farm Bureau written on it.
Of course I opted not to trespass.

In case anyone knows the owner, it's the Florida Trail going east from US221, just south of Madison and about an hour east of Tallahassee.

I have No Trespassing signs on some of my property so understand the rights of property owners. I don't get why they would allow a trail though.

While I was out there I went ahead and scouted the next couple of access points. I didn't see any more No Trespassing signs.