If your a slave to fashion and like the pricier models a very good alternative brand is Wiley X. They have a few decent priced wrap a rounds that have interchangeable color shields They also have impact safe glasses that are good for the shooting sports. I owned a pair of PT1's for a while, until I left them at the boat ramp. cry

After doing a bit of reading on sunglasses and their effectiveness one of the priorities as in almost all gear is fit. You cannot prevent all UV damage if the coverage is poor. Also glare can be a problem driving with poor fitting glasses. I prefer the bug eye styles that fit the eye sockets better. By design, for me, they block out more light and less apt to allow projectiles to get between the lenses and my eyes.

As mentioned above I would sooner buy 2 pairs to one at the same money. To many lakes have swallowed my shades while paddling, not to mention the awful sound of butt crunching a favorite pair on the car seat. I too like the 20-30 dollar range. Not so hard to take when the inevitable happens.

jimmyb

Edited by jimmyb (09/30/13 08:46 PM)