I have so many cook kits, it is quite possible I could outfit a boy scout troop. But they would all have a different stove and size/shape of pot.

Narrow flame, narrow bottom pot. Wide flame pattern, wide pot. Wider pots are actually slightly quicker to boil and more effective due to the flame having a wider metal surface to cover, instead of concentrating all the heat on a single point. Wider burners are better for cooking - so matching the stove to the purpose is also important.

Aluminum beer can pots, hard anodized tea kettle, ti .9 liter Evernew, Snow Peak ti Hybrid kit with silicon bowl and lid, grease pot - all of 'em do just fine at boiling water, so if that's your method, you can take your pick of whatever you prefer and do well.

I do have one frying pan - an MSR 10" for which I need to carry a pot lifter. No handle makes it easier to stabilize on a backpacking stove. Handles can overbalance a very light pan.

http://hikeandbackpack.com