My husband and I use the Mountain Hardware Spire 2 - the winter version of the three-season Skyledge 2. It is not light (nearly 6 pounds) but is really bombproof. Although I have not used it, I think the Skyledge is designed the same, except it has more netting, and no side door snow flaps. It is pretty tight for two - OK if both of you are regular size or smaller. It is probably too narrow for bigger people.

I like the free standing tents. Yes, you still have to stake them down, but they are much easier to set up in places where you do not have a perfect site. Before staking down, you get inside, try it out and then can easily move it a few inches one way of the other to avoid a rock, etc. Also, before taking down, you just open the doors and shake out all the dirt, pine needles, etc. My solo tent is not free standing and is tedious to set up if I do not pick the best spot from the beginning and when I have to turn it inside out to get rid of the debris, getting it back to right-side-out is like a puzzle!

Pay close attention to measurements. A lot of the 2-man tents nowadays are really small. For a little extra weight you can go to a 3-man tent, which actually are similar to the size of 2-man tents about 15 years ago.

I had a MSR tent years ago, and it was really weather-proof and sturdy. They make tents for PNW conditions. It however was not the lightest nor did it have some features that I like. You will never find the "perfect" tent.