I may have solved the riddle of how different people could have different reactions/results with the same product - in this case, "crinkleyness" of the Q-Core pads. I was using an SL model, which I've been using for some time, and was out with a buddy who has been out with me before. We set up camp in our usual manner, with tents about 30 feet apart.

This morning, he commented on how noisy my pad was. Oddly enough, I had also noticed a lot of noise last night, every time I rolled over. That was odd, because I've never really noticed it making noise before - and Bob had never commented on it on half a dozen past trips with me using the same pad.

The only thing I could come up with is this: Normally, I prefer my pad rather "bouncy": fully inflated, with just a small bit of air let out after I lie down on it. But, last night, I only inflated it about 2/3 full; I'm not sure why, but I think "lazy" might have something to do with it. (The fact that it's July in Ohio with 70 degree lows might also have factored in.)

Fully inflated: no noticeable noise. Partly inflated: lots of noise. Perhaps the range of reactions depends on how "mushy" you like your mattress: more mushy equals more noise?