Originally Posted By rockchucker22
Originally Posted By lori
Originally Posted By rockchucker22
Originally Posted By Rick_D
I have a strong preference for the NeoAirs, having prior experience with insulated mattresses from Big Agnes and POE. I find the crosswise air chambers far more comfortable.

Cheers,
I just can't get over the crinklyness (is that a word???) of neo airs.

I can't figure out why people think they are so crinkly.

The noisiest air mattresses bar none have been BA insulated air cores - every time someone turns over on one, they make horrible rubbing sounds audible from 50 feet away. And I hike in groups of 2 - 15 people who invariably buy NeoAir, BA or Exped.
seriously??? Lets take a look here, I'm guessing your doing one of your reviews and got a couple of neoairs for free so your looking past the insane amount of noise they make?

NOPE.

I have had a neoair since they were issued - years ago - and still use it. I have posted many times over those years each time someone issues a statement that they are crinkly, because mine never has been to the point that it bothered me or was audible to anyone standing outside the tent.

I hike with five hiking groups, and backpack every month.

I have no stake in any brand, no bias, and no bone to pick - it's my experience, and I'll thank you to not call me a liar. Because that's not me.

The Q Core, on the other hand, is not noisy at all, and very comfortable to boot. So much so that when the one I used for a year developed a leak, I contacted the company and they replaced it - instead of what I usually do with broken gear - moving on to something else.

BA insulated air cores are the most frequent pad/mattress in the bin at the REI gear sales until the new neoair models came out... The newer models are made of a different material. I still can't hear them outside the tent of the user, unlike the BAIAC mattresses. Last weekend one of my friends purposely pitched her tent far down the hill and when asked why, she stated that she knows her AC keeps people awake (she only hikes with us once a year, the rest of the time she hikes with other groups) so I know that it is not simply my "biased opinion" on the matter.

http://hikeandbackpack.com