Originally Posted By Jimshaw
I had one o'them once. grin I don't think Altoids had been invented yet. confused Then there was the knife with the fork and spoon that swung out, only you couldn't fork the meat and cut it too crazy...

I have that combo right now! My dear mom thought it would make a great gift for her "crazy outdoorsy son" grin

To the OP...as others here have said, a PSK is only of use if you can use what's in it. I've found that a FAK of some sort is essential, even if it's only bandaids and triple anitbiotic cream. I've got one of those "cheapies" from Wally World that I've taken stuff out of and added stuff I find more useful for what I'm doing. Like ohters, too, I add in the whistle, squeeze light, fire starter, tiny roll of duct tape and dental floss. I already carry a small pocket knife. And that's about it. that FAK goes in my pack, whether day, butt, or overnight, and I carry whatever number of the essentials I'll need for whatever type of trip I'm taking.

Watch those videos again, take the most useful looking items from them and make a list of those items, and determine whether any of them would be needed on any trip you might take and pack it with you.

Bottom line, you probably won't need any of it at any time. Which is a good thing. smile