Hi all. I'm a newb when it comes to alchohol stoves. I stuck my toe into those waters a last season and nearly burned the state down. OK...that's a GROSS exageration, but what happened scared me straight. Straight back to gas stoves.

However in my never ending quest to lighten the load while still keeping safe, I started looking at Trangia style stoves. They were too expensive last year for experimenting, but I'm willing to invest this year to see what's what. However, what scared me last time was I was trying to snuff out the flame and accidentally turned the stove over (it was a coke can style handmade by someone on Ebay) and nearly set the campground on fire. That's no exaggeration. So, I've seen the Trangia style with not only simmer levers (like the Sterno holders) and some even come with a (it looks like) screw on cap. "So you don't have to worry about left over fuel!"

So my question is, do any of you have experience with these caps and how well they fit on the stove, how well they seal, etc. I'm willing to try one again if I can be reasonably assured that the cap works and you can indeed snuff out the flame, rather than waiting on the spirits to burn out.