Every tent has upsides and downsides; I think that any tent design involves some sort of compromises.

The upsides of the Squall 2 are pretty obvious --- lightweight and roomy. Some downsides I can think of (this is the tent I use when I hike with my wife):

- A front entrance tent for two people (even for just one person) is never IMO as nice as a side entrance. Side is just easier to use in general, and with two people, having your own entrance means less disturbance of your partner if you get up during the night.

- The max height is right at the door. For the Squall 2 this is less of an issue than for, say, the Contrail, but you still might have to scoot your butt a bit towards the door in order to sit upright

- The nature of the door opening is that for one of the two sleeping inside, if you want to get up in the night, you have to reach way over the other person to get to the zipper to open it up (a related issue to the front-opening design)

Of course there are various other issues inherent in a single-wall design --- condensation, and not being able to (much) split the weight between two people. And the flipside to this being a roomy tent is that it requires a decent amount of space to set it up.

It's a great tent. If I were buying a 2-person tent today I'd look at something like the Lightheart Duo instead, but the Squall 2 is plenty good enough that I'm disinclined to replace it.