Hey, you're all just kids! I'm 77 and trying to knock back a bout of leukemia so I can through hike the AT again at 80 (did it at 60 and 70).

Glenn's advice is good. Keep the weight way down. That will reduce the strain on your heart. You're only going out for one night, so you don't need a lot of stuff. The weather forecast is likely to be right for that length of time so you don't need what-ifs. I can't imagine taking a lap top, especially for just one night out. The area you are talking about skirts semi urban area and is well marked and well used. If you have the regular trail map or a quad, you don't need a GPS. You will have cell service, and I would take that for safety. Again, you will be in an area where rescue would be reasonably quick (because access to the trail is good and serious resources close by), but it would not be good enough for a major heart attack. You may want to think about having a buddy along rather than solo.

By the way, you can stay at the hostel at the Furnace (though I think not your dog), just don't overdo on the ice cream next door.

Take care, enjoy, jcp