I agree with OM - go through your pack and eliminate whatever you can first.

Her recommendations are primarily from "cottage" gear makers (though some of these are growing to the point that they are at risk of becoming "mainstream" gear makers.) The only way to get their products is, generally, online (they all have great return policies, recognizing that you may find it isn't really what you were looking for once you get a look at it.)

If you prefer to see and touch before buying (i.e., a store shopper), you'll be looking at those "mainstream" products. Those gearmakers offer equally good and light gear nowadays - they had to keep pace with the innovation of the "cottage" folks! Some choices available in the stores include the Osprey Talon 44 pack, the Big Agnes UL and Platinum tent lines (especially the Fly Creek series, which offer a two-pound, two person tent), Granite Gear packs, and a number of others.

But the biggest loss still comes from eliminating stuff, not buying more stuff. I used to carry 35 pounds (when my buddies carried 45), now I carry 18 or 20. The first 12 pounds I lost were by simplifying my technique and eliminating stuff I never used; I threw money at the last 3 or 4.