So this is a hello to all and a little introduction... along with a question. I'm new to the forum and wouldn't consider myself a backpacker but looking to get started this spring and summer. I do however consider myself an avid outdoors man and have considerable experience in the back country. I love the idea of ultralight/light backpacking. I have all of the gear (I'm a gear junkie), but am debating on getting a new backpack. I have a bomb proof hunting pack, Badlands 2200 that I use out west, but it comes in at a whopping 6 pounds 4ozs. It's a great pack, very comfortable, just wondering if it makes sense to get a new one? I was looking at the Golite Jam 50, and it would shave a little under 5lbs off my base weight. My other gear is fairly light, 2lb bag, 3.5lb tent (or I have a 2lb tarp/hammock setup). I guess I'm looking for a reason to get a new pack grin Any thoughts or suggestions let me know! I think even with my heavy pack I can keep my load down to 25lbs for extended weekend trips.