I own/used the Kelty Salida, Hubba Hubba, Fly Creek UL2.

The Kelty is the best bang for the buck. I used to use a Grand Mesa 2 and transitioned to the Salida for a bit. Great tent, adequate rain and wind protection. It is completely bomb proof and uses more of a conventional two pole cross design. I like this tent very much and always recommend it to backpackers on a budget seeking to lighten their load from older 5 lb tents. Only problem - single door, climb over your buddy style.

The Hubba Hubba is a very big tent and from my experience, is adequate in freezing temperatures given you build proper protection around your tent. I like the double vestibule, and the inner tent.

The Fly Creek UL2 is a great UL tent. It is somewhat freestanding, but will require you to stake the tub to maximize the size. It is OK when properly ventilated, but it is also made with very thin materials. I really think Big Agnes hit the mark with Fly Creek UL2, BUT, it is expensive and is a snug fit for larger folks. I purchased mine new for $250, but I believe the retail on this thing is closer to the sub $300s. For that price, you can get a TT Rainbow or Double Rainbow.

Edited by lugee (04/16/13 12:25 PM)