Personally, as a tent hating hammock swinger, I wouldn't get anything that did not meet some pretty specific criteria. For trips when I must take a tent, it needs to have a side entry, be much lighter than my hammock setup, set up easy, be nice and roomy and hold all my gear plus me, and not hit me on the head when I sit up. A vestibule to put my shoes in is also desirable.

Tents do add a few degrees of warmth, but, should never be considered on that criteria alone since they are actually supposed to protect you from weather. Warmth is the primary function of the pad and sleeping bag. Keeping you and your sleeping bag dry and out of the wind is the primary function of the tent, with bug protection coming in third since that's about comfort and not survival....

I have a Lightheart Solo that sets up with my trekking poles. I actually like it. Standing up inside the tent (the door is sloped, my feet are on the tent floor while all my body is outside and through the door) has been a surprisingly handy feature when trying to get into shoes without dragging the muddy boots inside and getting everything dirty... yes, I am a fan of being clean.

The awnings are attached at the center line, but can be rolled up out of the way making it a bug proof net tent. And, setting it all up so the stakes are in the right place makes it easy to leave the door side rolled up, then reach out and deploy the fly from inside the tent if it starts to sprinkle.

So, from my perspective as a tent hater anti-ground-sleeping hiker, it all adds up to a pretty nice little package that fits in my front pocket of my ULA pack along with a light polycryo ground sheet. And it kept my stuff dry in a drenching downpour for an hour and a half, while sheets of rain flowed down on it and under it in rivers.

I just sold my Sierra Designs tent, had previously sold a tarptent, and am now left with a one season (single wall tipi) winter tent, my hammock gear, and the Lightheart - am feeling pretty solid in being able to handle anything in comfort and style.

I'll never do an end entry or a cramped tent again.... If i had to share I would get a MSR Carbon Reflex 3. It's roomy, and light as any 2 person - and has more room. Wonderful tent for being, well, a tent. I'm 5'7" and shared it with a 6'5" buddy, and had a few inches to spare all the way around.

http://hikeandbackpack.com