How far above freezing? What about humidity levels? In short, where and when do you plan to mostly use the tent? This will determine whether you need a two-wall tent, and whether all-mesh walls will be a valid choice. (All-mesh can be a poor choice in below-freezing temperatures, but it can also be a poor choice when wind moves a lot of sand or dust around.) Although they're not my personal preference (for subjective, not objective, reasons), you really should look at the "cottage" tents OM recommends (I've seen friends use them, and they are indeed excellent choices.)

I've used the Hubba, Fly Creek, Seedhouse (a heavy Fly Creek), and the Copper Spur. (Caveat: I've mostly used the one-person versions of these tents but, other than space, the two person versions are identical. Two people will, however, produce more moisture from respiration, so you may have more condensation issues than a single person would.) All are good tents. I found the side-entry doors more convenient to use in the one-person versions, but they were also heavier than the end-entry tents.

My current tent of choice is the Fly Creek 2, because of the extra room. This mostly eliminates the inconvenience of the single-person end-entry tent I mentioned above. (By the way, most of your two-person tents are more like one-and-a-half people, which is fine if you're hoping for a close and intimate relationship with your tent mate, but not so good for us married guys hiking with buddies.)