it sounds like if im dead set in taking a coffee mug it will have to sit elsewhere in the pack. which isnt a problem, ... i just like things neat and together. either the mug or the canister has to go. i can fit a 220g canister in the pot nicely, with optimus crux stove, dish towel and s/p, but im not always going to need a 220 tank.. especially for my many "training trips" of 1-2 days. if i could fit a 110 in a mug, into the pot i think i'll sleep better at night!

as far as the jetboil system or drinking out of the pot i have now, it just feels too big to sip coffee. i just can't believe that i can not find a small mug that fits a canister. they're all so close.. usually 1/8th inch too small. sadface

mind you, i am new to this, quite excited, and i feel like i want to take everything i own with me. i am definitely going to learn this the hard way, and a year from now, i know i'll be sipping coffee out of my cookpot. you can say "i told ya so".

as of now my pack weight without food and water is 22 lbs. but some of this (three person MH Drifter DP tent especially) will be split between two people.