Definitely don't want to have a heater, although you can consider a chemical heat pack inside his sleeping bag (probably stowed in a soft pack to not directly contact his skin).

Very generally, double-wall tents with minimal bug netting in the inner tents and rainflys that reach close to the ground will be measurably warmer than typical three-season tents that maximize ventilation. The air inside will also be more still, lessening convective heat loss.

The tradeoff is more condensation, possibly soaking the tent walls and even raining on you.

It's a balance. Staying warm at night begins with a good dinner, warm, dry clothing, a warm sleeping bag and an insulated pad. The tent's job is to protect you from the elements--by itself it can't keep you warm.

Good luck!

Originally Posted By SuwanneeMan
Thanks for the info. I am trying to find a way to make it more comfortable for my 3 year old. I am scared to use a heater since he rolls all over. He has a play tent that I got at Walmart. When I play with him in it, it always gets way too hot inside. I was just wondering if there was a well made tent that will do the same thing in winter.