hi all my name is Noel, im 43, and for the last year ive been on a program of getting back in shape. so i could do all the things i enjoy, mountain biking, hiking/camping and diveing. im now spending 35 min 4 days a week on a treadmill with a 30 lbs pack, followed by 1.5 to 2 hours of full body weight training.

last time i was in the woods was over 8 years ago.
i mostly plan to do 2-4 day extended weekend trips shooting for 4 trips at least this year and 3+ overnight trips (training for my Rottweiler Jesse she as far as i know has not been in the woods.. hoping to get at least 2 or 3 one nighter's in before i go for the longer trips to lost maples and Colorado bend and other parks round where i live.

i am by no means a lightweight minimalist but i also think long had hard about every peace of equipment i pack. any thoughts on my kit are welcome i'm trying to find a balance between weight, cost and durability so far i think i've found it...BTW i am a coffee freak and wont think of drinking instant even if it means i carry 1.7 oz more in a press and a 5.5 inch fry pan because i have never found a camp one worth having under 60.00 it also makes a good plate.

so far i have,
mountain smith > 65l pack 149, a Morison 2p tent 102, footprint 29 and trekking pole 15.

primus eta solo stove 75, and coffee press 14.
Pensofal 07PEN8730 Terre Di Siena Nonstick Egg Pan, 5-1/2-Inch 10 3/8 oz ceramic nonstick and heat defuser built in holds 1.5 cups of liquid cooks nice.

a ezdog pack for Jesse 67 (she will carry her own food and treats ect.) a 6 foot multi function leash,14 fold a bowl for food/water 10

odar bags for packing things up and out , yes i follow leave no trace behind. as well as human and dog waist removal....

new balance cloud dunham 13eeee boots mid boots. and injin outdoor toe socks.

bacckwoods nav on phone and tablet , maps and compass and i know how to read/use them

i have coolmax compression shorts, and light shirts ect... for my base layer. a frogg togg action rain suit. but im still looking for a light jacket.

still looking to pick up the sleeping gear 20+ bag , therm a rest scout pad, foam pad and a trail bed for Jesse, a msr micro filter i dont carry tons of water but can if needed and a few other odds and ends like a camp towel for me and one for Jesse. figure on 25-30lbs pack weight including food/water for me for 3-4 day hikes and Jesse will pack her own food, med kit and a small water reserve.

20-23 lbs pack for 2 day over night trips.

anyway more things to research and equipment reviews to read.

Edited by Merchant2112 (03/21/13 06:32 PM)